Home >> Advanced Electronic Technology Labs >> Laboratories >> Simulation
- Process Simulation (Athena) – athena.pdf
- Device Simulation (Atlas) – atlas.pdf
- Circuit Simulation (MixedMode) – mixedmode.pdf
- CoventorWare (overview.pdf) is an integrated suite of design and simulation software that has the accuracy, capacity, and speed to address real-world MEMS designs.
- The suite has many MEMS-specific features for modeling and simulating a wide range of MEMS devices, including inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyros), microphones, resonators, and actuators.
- The included field solvers provide comprehensive coverage of MEMS-specific multi-physics, such as electrostatics, coupled electro-mechanics, piezoelectric, piezoresistive, and damping effects.
- Common MEMS simulations, including:
• Coupled electromechanical (ex. Pull-in, electrostatic spring softening)
• Coupled thermomechanical(ex. Thermoelastic damping, thermal stability)
• Piezoelectric effects (ex. Stress stiffening)
ANSYS Workbench is a software environment for performing structural, thermal, and electromagnetic analyses.
The RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite allows users to design and simulate passive photonic devices for optical communications, optoelectronics, and semiconductor manufacturing (rsoft.pdf, allinone.pdf).
List of available device simulators:
• BeamPROP – Simulates waveguides, photonic integrated circuits, and fiber applications (BeamProp.pdf)
• FullWAVE – Propagates light in micro- and nano-photonic devices (FullWave.pdf)
• GratingMOD – Provides the response of optical gratings and fiber Bragg gratings (GratingMod.pdf)
• DiffractMOD – Simulates diffractive gratings, semiconductor surface gratings, and metrology applications (DiffractMod.pdf)
• MOST – An iterative design and optimization utility for all of the RSoft passive device design tools (Most.pdf)
OptiCAD is a computer program for the layout and analysis of 3D optical systems.
Components include spherical and cylindrical lenses; conical, parabolic, elliptical, spherical, and flat mirrors; full (closed) cylinders and ellipsoids; transmitting and reflecting rods; parabolic and elliptical trougs; single- and double-sided reflective surfaces; apertures of finite extent; lightpipes; multiple sources and detectors; compound parabolic concentrators; Fresnel lenses; and polygonally faceted objects – OptiCAD.pdf